PASCO's core competence is in surveying.
Our surveying technologies are not limited to aerial photogrammetry, but span a wide range to cover ground and indoors surveying. We provide surveying services using advanced technology. In particular, PASCO’s technology is utilized by research institutions, such as in setting up of particle accelerators for precision surveying, which calls for micro-level precision, and in the setting up of advanced medical equipment.
- Road condition laser surveying (MMS: Mobile Mapping System)
- The Mobile Mapping System (MMS) is a laser-surveying device mounted on the vehicle, specially developed by Mitsubishi Electric for the purpose of surveying road conditions.
PASCO provides various road condition surveying services using this surveying device, and also sells the device itself.
- Road condition surveying (Real)
- The road condition surveying system (Real) is a surveying system unique to PASCO. It conducts surveys on the front-view images of the road, road surface damage conditions (cracks, ruts, IRI, flatness), and coordinates (road surface coordinates, position coordinates).
- GPS surveying (GPS, VRS)
- GPS, or Global Positioning System, has become widely known among the general public through car navigation systems. In the surveying industry, GPS had already been gradually introduced prior to the promulgation of car navigation systems. Today, the technology is widely used in Japan as a basic surveying method that serves the objective of maintaining and managing national land.
- TS surveying (Total Station)
- TS, or Total Station, is a primary equipment that is commonly used in public surveying. It plays a role in all types of onsite surveying operations, from precision surveying, to reference point surveying, route surveying, plane table surveying, topographical surveying, and land surveying.
- Precision surveying (Laser Tracker)
- PASCO's precision surveying technology is utilized in all areas that require precision surveying. These include research institutions that need a high level of precision and accuracy in their work (J-PARC, KEK, RIKEN, and research laboratories in universities, etc.), medical institutions (cancer treatment equipment facilities, etc.), high-precision plant construction, high-precision equipment inspection institutions, aerospace development agencies, etc.
- Terrestrial Laser Surveying (RIEGL)
- Using a ground based 3D laser scanner that uses a pulsed laser technology, we obtain information on the shapes of our survey targets, such as structures and terrain, in the form of point group data that is a collection of 3D coordinates.
The point cloud data acquired is used not only to measure the shapes of the survey targets, but also can be processed in order to create 3D models or 2D ground plans, elevation plans, and cross-sectional diagrams.
- Ground based InSAR and Radar
To date, PASCO has developed measuring technologies and built up a wealth of experience in the analysis of images obtained by synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites, disaster prevention consultancy, and the maintenance and management of social infrastructure facilities such as bridges. Utilizing this knowhow and experience, PASCO provides services through its ground based InSAR and ground based radar, which are able to capture extremely small changes.